Saturday, November 15, 2008

Kennedy . . . Not a Fan of Rodeo and "Lauren"

Preston and Kennedy were flipping through the channels on the TV late Friday night. All of a sudden from the other room I hear Kennedy crying, " They are killing baby goats why are they letting them do that!" I ran into the other room and she was clearly upset as tears were coming down her face. I looked at the TV to see what they were watching and it was a timed rodeo event where they rope the calf and turn it on their back and tie three of their legs together. I thought that it was so cute that she was so concerned for the animals. I tried to explain to her (without laughing) that it was a contest and the baby cow was not getting hurt. She still did not like how it looked and was concerned for the calf . . . . we turned the channel.

NAMES . . . . it is a challenge trying to find the right name for a baby. You try to think of all of the ways that it could be made fun of or if it sounds great for a baby name, but you not as an adult name. One of the names that we really like is our neighbors dogs name. Can we name our baby after a dog? We thought we narrowed it down to a "K" name. Our email address has our initials in it. P's, J's and and a K. Kennedy insists that we need another K name for her baby sister. We have brainstormed many names . . . some of the favorites are Khloe, Katelyn, Kylie, Kourtney, Kali . . . it is so hard to decide. Jeff and I started thinking of other names that do not start with the letter "K". So I decided to ask the kids what they thought about the name "Lauren". Kennedy immediately said "Lauren sounds like an old lady that has a uni brow". Obviously . . . I then realized we need to stick with a "K" name. Kids say the funniest things! If you have any suggestions, please share!

5 comments:

  1. How 'bout Kamryn? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I love what Kennedy said! But, I love the name Lauren too. If my sister's name wasn't Laura....Anyway, I saw on Willow's blog that you had one. Cute stuff! P.S. We need to visit you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, by the way, that's my web name. This is JoAnn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rodeo story! Poor girl was traumatized! I don't like that part either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You tell Kennedy that Strawberry Shortcake is also TERRIFIED and TRAUMATIZED at rodeos. She went to one and won't go back. She shrieks, cries and has her head turned every time an animal heads out into the bowl.

    ReplyDelete